Nashville, Connecticut, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah
Join our MyImpact Challenge!
Students from select regions are invited to join our cohorts currently running. Explore citizenship...create a project...change the world!Join a student cohort!
The MyImpact Challenge is a citizenship project of the Bill of Rights Institute designed to foster a robust understanding of the meaning of citizenship in civil society through a guided curriculum, a project, and a citizenship fair.
The MyImpact Challenge helps students explore the three pillars of citizenship (Government, Entrepreneurship, and Charity), develop a project that will positively impact their community, then implement their project and present their impact to community leaders.
Our My Impact Challenge student program is 100% online and 100% BRI Staff-led in this starting period. We are at a unique moment in our nation's history and know that there are student change-agents out there that are inspired by what they see in the news and their communities. Our MyImpact Challenge will help them shape a community project, and it culminates in a Citizenship Fair that can earn them prize money!
This program would be an excellent extra-credit project, history or service club activity, or capstone project.
Pacing & Requirements
The program offers real-time instruction and virtual project experiences. Students will need access to a computer and should plan to commit fully to this opportunity.
Free. BRI supports young people as change making citizens of our communities at no cost to them.
What's in it for the students?
Accepted students will have the opportunity to connect with their peers from across the country, and will have:
- Access to the newly re-designed "My Impact Challenge" digital curricula, with course elements designed and run just for them.
- Opportunities for interactions with experts and prominent figures in the fields of business, public policy, and philanthropy.
- Lasting associations with other students who have similar interests.
- Training in community impact, business and economics, philanthropy, policy, civics, and U.S. government and history.
- Mentorship in project creation of projects that are eligible for prize money when submitted to our Spring project fair.
Over the course of the program, student participants will progress through live virtual interactions with BRI staff, special guests, and most of all each other – to learn about and create their own projects that tackle real-world problems.
We are currently hosting cohorts in five states. Join a cohort!
Summer 2020 Cohort!
View our Virtual Citizenship Fair honoring our Summer 2020 cohort participants!