Equality Viewing Guide
Why did the Founders believe that equality was a foundational principle in the United States?
- In your own words, define equality.
- How did past societies tend to view the concept of equality?
- What did the Declaration of Independence say regarding human equality?
- How does the United States Constitution protect the principle of equality through the rule of law?
- List two examples of times where the United States did not adhere to the principle of equality.
Access the answer key to this viewing guide here.