Free Exercise Clause Viewing Guide
Introduction: The Founders believed that religious liberty was a sacred, inalienable right. Use this viewing guide as you watch our Homework Help video on the Free Exercise Clause.
- How did European history influence the Founders’ thinking on the free exercise of religion?
- Why did the Founders believe freedom of religion to be an inalienable right?
- What was one of the first documents to assert that individuals have a right to freely exercise their religion?
- What does the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment state?
- What did the Supreme Court rule in Wisconsin v. Yoder?
- How did the Supreme Court differentiate between belief and actions in the case of Employment Division v. Smith?
Access the answer key to our viewing guide here.