Sitting Bull’s Purpose at Little Bighorn45 min
As you read, imagine you are the protagonist.
- What challenges are you facing?
- What fears or concerns might you have?
- What may prevent you from acting in the way you ought?
- Who was Sitting Bull?
- What was Sitting Bull’s role during the Battle of Little Bighorn?
- What do you think was Sitting Bull’s biggest contribution during the Battle of Little Bighorn?
Discuss the following questions with your students.
- What is the historical context of the narrative?
- What historical circumstances presented a challenge to the protagonist?
- How and why did the individual exhibit a moral and/or civic virtue in facing and overcoming the challenge?
- How did the exercise of the virtue benefit civil society?
- How might exercise of the virtue benefit the protagonist?
- What might the exercise of the virtue cost the protagonist?
- Would you react the same under similar circumstances? Why or why not?
- How can you act similarly in your own life? What obstacles must you overcome in order to do so?
- Students will analyze Sitting Bull’s performance during the Battle of Little Bighorn.
- Students will understand how Sitting Bull’s actions show a dedication to purpose.
- Students will apply this knowledge to the pursuit of purpose in their own lives.