Viewing guide for the Shaw v. Reno Homework Help video.
- What is the definition of gerrymandering? Why are some Americans opposed to the idea of gerrymandering?
- Why did North Carolina’s government create an irregularly shaped district?
- What constitutional argument did Ruth Shaw and the other white residents who sued make?
- What argument did Attorney General Reno make to defend the creation of the race-based district?
- In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of ________. It determined that ________ could not be the determining factor when drawing district lines.