Political Cartoon Analysis
Directions: Answer the questions for each cartoon.
(Cartoons in PDF)
- When was this cartoon drawn?
- Describe what is literally happening in the cartoon in one or two sentences.
- Describe what is symbolically happening in the cartoon in one or two sentences.
- What is the cartoonist’s point of view?
- Do you find this cartoon effective and/or persuasive? Explain.
- How does this cartoon illustrate the constitutional principles of separation of powers and/or checks and balances?