Who Said It?
Note to teacher: Copy, cut out, and post around the room the quotations below.
Directions: Read each quote and decide if it was said by President Lyndon Johnson or President Ronald Reagan.
- The purpose of protecting the life of our Nation and preserving the liberty of our citizens is to pursue the happiness of our people.
- Those who do work are denied a fair return for their labor by a tax system which penalizes successful achievement.
- I intend to establish working groups to prepare a series of White House conferences and meetings on the cities, on natural beauty, on the quality of education, and on other emerging challenges.
- We are a nation that has a government—not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the Earth.
- Our present troubles parallel and are proportionate to the intervention and intrusion in our lives that result from unnecessary and excessive growth of government.
- We have always prided ourselves on being not only America the strong and America the free, but America the beautiful.