Join Our Team
About the Bill of Rights Institute:
The mission of the Bill of Rights Institute is to educate young people about the words and ideas of America’s Founders, the liberties guaranteed in our Founding documents, and how our Founding principles continue to affect and shape a free society. It is the goal of the Institute to help the next generation understand the freedom and opportunity the Constitution offers.
Our current open positions are:
The Institute is always looking for talented individuals that have a passion for educating young people about the Constitution to join our team. For more information on available internship opportunities, please check out our Internships page.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Marketing Associate who can help advance the mission of the Bill of Rights Institute by successfully increasing our digital presence, coordinate with our external digital and advertising vendors, drive product adoption and brand awareness by target audiences, strategically improving our social-media capability, and significantly improving participation in Institute programs under the direction of the Marketing Director.
- Plan social media campaigns and make judgments on appropriate graphic elements.
- Maintain brand integrity.
- Develop framework to evaluate and measure post performance and web traffic to ensure strategies are meeting goals and recommend changes when/where necessary.
- Manage day to day contact with our external vendors to ensure brand consistency and provide corrective guidance when needed.
- Design original and imaginative marketing materials that are aesthetically pleasing and effective.
- Manage the Institute’s web presence and multiple properties.
- Partner with Education and Talent Outreach teams to implement strategies to enlarge the Institute’s network of teachers, students, and partners for specific programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing/communications
- Excellent written communication skills, and ability to edit copy
- Experience developing and implementing social-media strategies with a proven track record of success
- Ability to manage multiple, short- and long-term projects with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other software
- Working knowledge and experience with email marketing programs and strategies
Preferred skills include:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Graphic Design experience is preferred
- Experience with student outreach
- Knowledge of content management systems, especially SalesForce
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented Student Programs Manager who can help us reach ambitious goals for growth in our student outreach programs. This person will oversee multiple programs focused on high school students: define the vision and strategies, implement plans, coordinate with other staff members to manage their progress, and evaluate results. In particular, the Student Programs Manager will oversee the “Constitution Connection” program, drive the implementation of new student programs, and improve systems to engage alumni with opportunities to continue exploring constitutional issues after high school.
- Oversee the implementation of, budget for, and drive improvements to the “Constitution Connection” program, which provides resources to teachers and students to identify high school students passionate about the ideas of liberty.
- Primary owner of efforts to connect students with clubs, universities, organizations, scholarships, and professional experiences that advance the ideals of a free society.
- Create and implement strategies to engage and stay in contact with Institute alumni (such as events, platforms/websites, social media or newsletters) to improve our ability to provide ongoing support to an increasingly large student network. Coordinate with the Marketing team to productively engage alumni.
- Independently manage the development and implementation of, and budgets for, experimental student programs. Start programs from scratch.
- Supervise interns to help achieve grant goals; oversee their priorities and professional development.
- Understand the interests, passions, and concerns of students. Get to know key market groups to identify new opportunities; make suggestions to the Development team to successfully get new projects funded.
- 2-4 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Entrepreneurial, demonstrated initiative and ability to define and undertake work assignments with minimal supervision. Has experience creating new, comprehensive programs scaled from the ground up.
- Strong project manager. Must be able to set priorities and achieve them independently in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to drive results on projects from implementation to evaluation, and to hold others accountable.
- Enjoys (and is effective at) persuasively “selling” programs verbally to a wide variety of audiences, including teachers, administrators, and students. Also, finds fulfillment in behind-the-scenes work to build systems that engage thousands of students who you would never meet in person.
- Ability to organize information into report documents. Proficient with word processors, databases, and spreadsheets. Tech savvy: ability to master Institute software applications.
- Experience communicating with individuals in professional environments, sharing messages with a variety of audiences.
- Understand and enjoy youth culture; ability to speak the language of young adults.
- Experience in the high school education market, student outreach, coalition building, and/or student programming for high school or college audiences.
- Marketing experience.
- Comfortable with customer relationship management systems, especially SalesForce.