What Is a Hero? Graphic Organizer
Guiding Question: How have Americans shown civic virtues throughout history?
- I can identify ways Americans have practiced civic virtues throughout history.
- I can analyze how individuals’ virtues, attitudes, and actions contribute to their identification as American heroes.
Heroes in History
As you talk with other characters, fill in the following organizer.
|Name||Time Period/Era||Accomplishments||Heroic Traits and Civic Virtues|
Concluding Analysis and Discussion Questions
- What traits and civic virtues appeared most frequently? Why might that be?
- Are these traits still relevant in today’s world? Explain.
- Which hero do you most identify with? Why?
- Which two people would you follow on Twitter, if that were an option? Briefly explain why for each.
- Which person(s) had the most significant impact on U.S. history? Explain.
- Who would you add to this list of heroes? Explain.
- Would you add any civic virtues to your list in Appendix A: Founding Principles and Civic Virtues Organizer? Explain.