- I can define and recognize the civic virtue of integrity.
- I can reflect on and analyze previous experiences to recognize integrity.
|To tell the truth, expose untruths, and keep one’s promises.
Read the following quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and answer the following analysis questions.
In a commencement speech at Oberlin College in June 1965, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said,
“The time is always right to do what is right.”
- What does this quote mean to you?
- Share your response with a partner.
- With your same partner or in a small group, think of a scenario in which you, someone you know, or a fictional character struggled to “do the right thing” or act with integrity.
- Explain the context for this struggle.
- In the end, did this person act with integrity? Explain. What were the consequences for this person?