The Bill of Rights Institute offers a variety of exceptional career opportunities in a small entrepreneurial environment. The Institute is always looking for talented individuals who have a passion for educating people about the Constitution.
With an active network of approximately one quarter of the nation’s secondary school teachers in subjects including history, social studies, civics, and economics, the Institute anticipates significant growth in outreach to educators and students alike.
Positions include those directly involved in educational programs and curriculum development for teachers, students, and others, as well as important roles in development/fund raising, research, communications, marketing, and operations. Supportive roles include database administration, program analytics/reporting & evaluation, and human resources management. We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds and college majors to help us fulfill our educational mission.
Our internship programs for college students and recent graduates provide hands-on professional experience in a continuous learning environment.
We offer internships throughout the year in the areas of education programs, curriculum development, fund raising, communications, marketing, IT, operations, and human resources. With a small work environment, students get hands-on experience within and outside their area of focus and learn how a not-for-profit organization functions to maximize its educational mission. We will consider all college majors for our internships.
For more information on available internship opportunities, please send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com.
Rewards for working at the Bill of Rights Institute
We offer a comprehensive and competitive total rewards program to our staff including:
- Flexible schedules including flex-time and telecommuting arrangements
- Professional and collegial work environment with staff committed to education
- Flex-vacation for salaried staff where vacation days are not limited by policy; staff can arrange vacation best suited for their work and department
- Health Insurance – BRI pays the majority of premiums for employees and eligible family members
- Volunteer Day – one paid day a year to do volunteer work
- Subsidized parking and subway/metro benefits
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Professional development opportunities through BRI and affiliate not-for-profit organizations
- Paid Sick Leave for employee’s own illness, for medical appointments, or to care for an eligible family member
- Up to four weeks of paid parental/family leave
- Life and Disability Insurance paid by BRI
- Employee Assistance Program with wellness benefits and coaching
- Supplemental benefits such as a pre-paid legal plan, critical illness insurance, dependent life insurance, etc.