Join Our Team
About the Bill of Rights Institute:
The mission of the Bill of Rights Institute is to educate young people about the words and ideas of America’s Founders, the liberties guaranteed in our Founding documents, and how our Founding principles continue to affect and shape a free society. It is the goal of the Institute to help the next generation understand the freedom and opportunity the Constitution offers.
Our current open positions are:
The Institute is always looking for talented individuals that have a passion for educating young people about the Constitution to join our team. For more information on available internship opportunities, please send your resume and interest to: email@example.com.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Marketing Associate who can help advance the mission of the Bill of Rights Institute by successfully increasing our digital presence, coordinate with our external digital and advertising vendors, drive product adoption and brand awareness by target audiences, strategically improving our social-media capability, and significantly improving participation in Institute programs under the direction of the Marketing Director.
- Plan social media campaigns and make judgments on appropriate graphic elements.
- Maintain brand integrity.
- Develop framework to evaluate and measure post performance and web traffic to ensure strategies are meeting goals and recommend changes when/where necessary.
- Manage day to day contact with our external vendors to ensure brand consistency and provide corrective guidance when needed.
- Design original and imaginative marketing materials that are aesthetically pleasing and effective.
- Manage the Institute’s web presence and multiple properties.
- Partner with Education and Talent Outreach teams to implement strategies to enlarge the Institute’s network of teachers, students, and partners for specific programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing/communications
- Excellent written communication skills, and ability to edit copy
- Experience developing and implementing social-media strategies with a proven track record of success
- Ability to manage multiple, short- and long-term projects with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other software
- Working knowledge and experience with email marketing programs and strategies
Preferred skills include:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Graphic Design experience is preferred
- Experience with student outreach
- Knowledge of content management systems, especially SalesForce
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented Student Programs Manager who can help us reach ambitious goals for growth in our student outreach programs. This person will oversee multiple programs focused on high school students: define the vision and strategies, implement plans, coordinate with other staff members to manage their progress, and evaluate results. In particular, the Student Programs Manager will oversee the “Constitution Connection” program, drive the implementation of new student programs, and improve systems to engage alumni with opportunities to continue exploring constitutional issues after high school.
- Oversee the implementation of, budget for, and drive improvements to the “Constitution Connection” program, which provides resources to teachers and students to identify high school students passionate about the ideas of liberty.
- Primary owner of efforts to connect students with clubs, universities, organizations, scholarships, and professional experiences that advance the ideals of a free society.
- Create and implement strategies to engage and stay in contact with Institute alumni (such as events, platforms/websites, social media or newsletters) to improve our ability to provide ongoing support to an increasingly large student network. Coordinate with the Marketing team to productively engage alumni.
- Independently manage the development and implementation of, and budgets for, experimental student programs. Start programs from scratch.
- Supervise interns to help achieve grant goals; oversee their priorities and professional development.
- Understand the interests, passions, and concerns of students. Get to know key market groups to identify new opportunities; make suggestions to the Development team to successfully get new projects funded.
- 2-4 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Entrepreneurial, demonstrated initiative and ability to define and undertake work assignments with minimal supervision. Has experience creating new, comprehensive programs scaled from the ground up.
- Strong project manager. Must be able to set priorities and achieve them independently in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to drive results on projects from implementation to evaluation, and to hold others accountable.
- Enjoys (and is effective at) persuasively “selling” programs verbally to a wide variety of audiences, including teachers, administrators, and students. Also, finds fulfillment in behind-the-scenes work to build systems that engage thousands of students who you would never meet in person.
- Ability to organize information into report documents. Proficient with word processors, databases, and spreadsheets. Tech savvy: ability to master Institute software applications.
- Experience communicating with individuals in professional environments, sharing messages with a variety of audiences.
- Understand and enjoy youth culture; ability to speak the language of young adults.
- Experience in the high school education market, student outreach, coalition building, and/or student programming for high school or college audiences.
- Marketing experience.
- Comfortable with customer relationship management systems, especially SalesForce.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative, and proactive educator who can help us create and deliver teacher professional development programs. A successful candidate will be one who is passionate about our mission, who will independently push to exceed expectations on projects, and who thrives in a dynamic environment. This role will be focused on developing and delivering in-person professional development programs to Social Studies teachers. Programs take place throughout the country and focus on disseminating academic content and pedagogical resources to teachers with the assistance of a historian, political scientist, or other scholar during day-long seminars. Programs lasting two to five days include trips to historic sites, participant content development, and discussions as well as academic and pedagogical sessions.
- As the subject matter expert, determine content and deliver training to 40 or more educators at professional development seminars across the country. Be prepared to answer questions, ensure content is understood, and goals set by donors are met.
- Develop or revise seminar content that inspire teachers to embrace Founding principles in their classrooms.
- By utilizing successful presentation strategies, this person will train internal and/or external presenters on reaching program objectives.
- Develop strategy for survey content and measurement requirements in relation to specific seminar content that enable the Institute to disseminate information about the success of our programs.
- Handle the day-of logistics of seminars, including coordinating with onsite vendors, distributing materials, welcoming participants, ensuring catering completed accurately, clean-up, etc.
- Work with partners to identify scholars who can help achieve learning goals of programs. Communicate with scholar partners to assure their investment in program goals and to integrate their contributions to programs.
- Maintain collegial relationships with educator participants in order to help build the Institute’s network of supporters.
- Travel: 25% (mostly during January, February, June, July, September, and October)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 or more years as a public or private school teacher with advanced middle school classes or high school classes (High school is strongly preferred)
- Experience providing professional development to teachers; excellent presenter and classroom teacher; experience with and ability to communicate with adult learners
- Excellent writer and editor; proven ability to write presentation materials that others found useful; experience developing original educational resources
- Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks under deadline pressure; demonstrated ability to drive work assignments to success with minimal supervision
- In-depth knowledge of American history and government; passion for the Founding principles and their continued relevance today
- Ability to quickly learn content related to American constitutional history
- Highly collaborative and open to written and verbal feedback; very comfortable with change
- Comfort and skill in using technology such as LCD projectors or audience-response systems, as well as software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work at the Institute and what you believe to be the most important lesson for students to learn about the principles of the Founding today. (Applicants without a cover letter will not be evaluated.)
The Bill of Rights Institute (BRI) seeks an Administrative Assistant who is entrepreneurial minded, detail-oriented, and customer-focused. The ideal candidate would be responsible for significantly increasing the operational efficiency of the office, while balancing the various responsibilities of being a personal assistant to the president of the organization. BRI’s mission is to educate young people about the words and ideas of America’s Founders, the liberties guaranteed in the Founding documents, and how the Founding principles continue to affect and shape a free society.
- Ensure the office operates in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- Create office systems including organizing office operations and procedures, managing supply inventory, and maintaining office equipment.
- Process invoice payments and preparation of purchasing card reconciliation.
- Provide administrative support to the president, including calendar management and travel coordination.
- Route mail, deliveries, invoices, and essential documents promptly.
- Support meetings and events by preparing reports, presentations, memorandums, and correspondence.
- Support team activities to include data management, record keeping, and research.
- A friendly, professional and positive in person and phone presence is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative capacity required
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and various office equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Familiarity with the SalesForce platform a plus
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion and integrity
- Passion for the freedom and opportunity made possible by a free society