Current high school students who are graduating in 2021 or who will be going into their sophomore, junior, or senior year in the 2021-2022 school year are eligible to attend Constitutional Academy during the summer of 2021. Those entering their freshman year in the 2021-2022 school are also welcome to apply. Preference is given to older students, but a strong candidate will still be considered.
Applications must be received by June 1st, 2021 in order to be considered. Apply early as space is limited, and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Students must be an incoming college freshman or incoming high school sophomore, junior, or senior in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Students who apply should be interested in government, civics, public policy, journalism, economics, or constitutional principles.
- Students should be academically oriented as the program will consist of lecture, discussion, and activities that are geared toward high-achieving high school students.
- Students should be prepared to participate in deep, critical discussions on key issues facing society in a mature and thoughtful manner.
$2000. This covers the costs of meals, lodging, site visits, and programming covered by the Bill of Rights Institute. Both full and partial scholarships are available.
Please wait to book a flight until you receive an acceptance letter from the Bill of Rights Institute with further directions.
You will be transported between venues on charter buses. Chaperones will accompany you on the bus.
- Bring professional clothes, business casual clothes, and casual clothes with you to the Academy. Visits to Capitol Hill will require professional attire.
- You will receive specific information on what to wear for each day upon acceptance.
- Comfortable shoes are a must!
- A laptop computer or tablet is highly recommended. Students find them very useful when completing projects!
- Notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters, and other clerical items are suggested.
- Any reading materials we have provided to you should be brought with you. We will remind you what items you will need for each session or day.
- Do remember that our program continues no matter what the weather – Washington is known for being extremely hot and humid in July.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com or call 703.347.5017