Constitutional Academy 2014
Liberty is Not a Spectator Sport.
When will the Academy be held?
The Constitutional Academy will be held from July 7-12, 2014
What is the cost of the program?
$1500. Students will be notified upon their acceptance to the program whether or not they will receive scholarship.
What you will do in D.C.:
- Lectures from university professors and subject-matter experts
- Activities and group projects to explore constitutional ideas
- Visits to historic sites
- Sightseeing tour of historic monuments and memorials in Washington, D.C.
How this program will put you ahead of your peers:
- Participate in a dynamic week-long campus residential program in Washington, D.C. that will get you ready for college-level learning
- Learn about college and career opportunities in politics and economics
- Gain important knowledge on how to be an effective citizen and principled leader
- Expand your world view, make new friends, and excite your passion for liberty!
The “Nitty-Gritty” details for Mom and Dad:
- Program lodging as well as all sessions and meals will take place at Marymount University in Arlington, Virginia (lodging and meals are covered in the cost of the program)
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off at Washington Reagan International Airport will be provided
- Students will be shuttled via private charter bus to all off-campus venues
- All venue entrance fees are covered in the cost of the program
- 24-hour adult supervision from arrival in D.C. throughout the week is strictly enforced*
*Students will have 24-hour adult supervision starting with the time that they arrive in Washington, D.C. to the time that they leave. The dormitories are staffed by Bill of Rights Institute employees and the program campus is a small private campus with its own security force. A code of conduct, signed by students and parents is vigorously enforced.