Being an American: Teaching the Founding Documents and Supporting English Language-Learners
Los Angeles, CA
February 7, 2013
The Bill of Rights Institute is hosting a free one-day workshop entitled Being an American: Teaching the Founding Documents and Supporting English Language-Learners. At this free one-day seminar, you will discover resources to help engage your students with the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and the purposes of a national government. Join the Bill of Rights Institute for a free one-day workshop which will provide you with easy-to-implement resources to bring these concepts alive, as well as provide new methods to teach these topics to English language-learners with our new ELL supplement.
This workshop is for U.S. History, Government, Civics and Social Studies teachers and will help meet numerous California state standards.
Share this Seminar Flyer with your Colleagues and Administrators!
- Program Location: Riverside Unified School District, Nutritional Center
6050 Industrial Avenue Riverside, California 92504. Our workshop will be held in the first floor training room. Google Map It.
- Parking available free of charge in the adjacent lot
- The workshop begins at 8:30 A.M. with registration and breakfast, and concludes at 3:30 P.M.
- A complete agenda for the day is located here.
- Use student-friendly activities to analyze ways in which the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights illustrate our most important civic values.
- Receive a FREE copy of Being an American: Exploring the Ideals that Unite Us, High School Edition and Being an American: Exploring the Ideals that Unite Us, ELL Supplement.
- Participate in engaging lessons that will help your students analyze the Founding documents.
- Analyze real-world scenarios that illustrate the enduring significance of the Bill of Rights and its limits on government.
- Gain new techniques for teaching these concepts to English language-learners.
- Receive a Professional Development certificate for 6 seat hours.
This Bill of Rights Institute Constitutional Workshop will help teachers address one or more of the Common Core Standards shown here.
For questions, please contact Laura Vlk at: events@BillofRightsInstitute.org or at 703-894-1776.