The Bill of Rights and You: Rights and Responsibilities
The Bill of Rights and You: Rights and Responsibilities is designed to give students a deeper understanding of their constitutionally-protected rights, as well as demonstrate how responsibility goes hand in hand with liberty. Each lesson in this 10-unit teacher's guide is tied to national civics, history, and social studies standards. All 21 lessons contain content-rich background essays and apply research-based teaching strategies to help your students see the relevance of the Bill of Rights to their own lives.
- Background essays written at 10.5 and 12.0 reading levels
- Interactive lesson plans full of hands-on activities
- Three-disc DVD set reinforces content
- "Responsibilities Toolboxes" demonstrate the responsibilities that accompany individual rights
- Complete answer key, optional reading quizzes, and DVD viewing guides
- List of landmark Supreme Court cases