Supreme Court Round-Up 2013-2014
Have students choose three Supreme Court cases from the list below. For each case should research and report the following information:
- When was the case argued?
- What was the question argued in the case?
- When was the case decided?
- What was the Supreme Court’s decision regarding the case?
- Which Supreme Court justice wrote the majority or unanimous opinion? Which justice wrote the dissenting opinion, if any? Which justice wrote the concurring opinion, if any?
- Do you agree with the Court’s decision? Explain your answer.
Here are a few sources students can use to guide their research:
Supreme Court Cases 2013-2014
- Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp. v. Hoeper
- Brandt Revocable Trust v. United States
- Fernandez v. California
- Hinton v. Alabama
- Kaley v. United States
- Kansas v. Cheever
- Johnson v. United States
- McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission
- Prado Navarette v. California
- Schuette v. BAMN
- Stanton v. Sims
- Town of Greece v. Galloway
- United States v. Castleman
- White v. Woodall
- ABC, Inc. v. Aereo, Inc.
- Abramski v. United States
- Hall v. Florida
- Harris v. Quinn
- Lane v. Franks
- Mayorkas v. De Osorio
- McCullen v. Coakley
- National Labor Relations Board v. Noel Canning
- Riley v. California
- Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores
- Susan B. Anthony List v. Driehaus
- United States v. Wurie
- Wood v. Moss